Saturday, June 4, 2011

Stratford upon Avon, (or is it "on Avon")

Is a small English town, whose industry is mainly William Shakespeare.  We spent a pleasant couple days by the Avon river.  Having English breakfast then a day of touring historic sites; Shakespeare's birth place, final resting place, the cottage he courted is wife, etc.  Juggling the minutes away.  Capping it with a Royal Shakespeare Company production; a strange "Merchant of Venice"  with an un-happy ending, and an amazing "Macbeth".  The "Macbeth" had children as the witches; children that turn out to be Macduff's.  This Macduff was not exceptional , but still good.  What it did was take me back to my Macduff.  I bawled my eyes out as my family was killed, as my cousin told me the were gone, and when my wife's ghost stared directly at me.  The last night I got to talk with a couple of the RSC actors, who were very kind and sharing.  I know I can make it to their level, and do the same quality of work.  I am chewing at the bit to work.  I pray I won't lose momentum, fall into depression, and pour my time into trivial distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment